2011年11月30日 星期三

Financial Advisor | Financial Advisor Marketing

If your a Financial Advisor and your asking this question then congratulations! It means that you actually care and are concerned about growing your practice. So many people in this and other industries don't bother to worry about their marketing plan which is probably the single biggest mistake they can make.

Marketing is everything and there are so many things that you could be doing better to be more effective.

The best thing you can do to improve your financial advisor marketing is to study and implement what's called "Direct Response Marketing". This is a form of marketing that, when implemented, requires the prospect to take some type of action towards a desired outcome determined by the advertiser.

That might have just sounded a little technical but it's actually quite simple. If I send out a marketing piece to advertise my business, rather than just tell the prospect that my product or service exists, I want to get them to take some form of action to contact me or obtain something that I am giving away for free.

I don't have time in this article to go in-depth on all the tactics and principles of direct response marketing but if you are interested in learning more, I would highly suggest studying Dan Kennedy. He is at the fore front of this type of marketing and is most certainly one of the best teachers of it. Google is name and you'll find a ton of info.

One of the biggest benefits of using Direct Response Marketing in your Financial Advisor Marketing is that everything is trackable so that you can examine how effective it is. For example, if I were to send out a post card about a new service my firm was offering, I would setup a new 1-800 number that is only listed on that particular advertising piece. Another example would be if I were sending them to a website, I would create a new and unique page and list the url only on that mailing.
This allows me to see exactly how many people respond to the advertisement.

From there you can track sales, sign ups or whatever it is you consider to be a successful conversion.

This just touches the tip on what's possible when you use direct response marketing.

沒有留言:

張貼留言